Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Retro Halter dress pattern Butterick 6174




Okay, I confess that I am in love with vintage fashion. My own personal style is kind of Boho chic, but I am always drawn to the uber feminine styles of the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Years ago, when many of the major pattern companies began reprinting past designs from these bygone eras, I bought them. I had the best of intentions, but sadly never got around to it. These patterns have been taking up valuable space in my sewing studio, so its time to let them go to someone who will actually use them.

In addition to the above, I recently uncovered a box of patterns that had been stored in my mother's garage for the past 40 years. These are original patterns from the 50's and 60's! I thought it might be fun and interesting to share some of these.

The pattern pictured is a Butterick reprint of a pattern from the early 50's. Can't you just envision Marilyn Monroe or some other Hollywood starlet wearing it? The pattern is in new condition - uncut and factory folded. If interested, it is listed on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78910403/butterick-6174-retro-halter-dress-swing?ref=pr_shop

No comments: