Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fabulous Finds and Franken-dollies!


click on pics to enlarge

One of my favorite weekend pastimes is going to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, and thrift shops. Not sure why, but the trash to treasure thing really ignites my creativity. Though it happens quite infrequently, I get giddy with joy whenever I find something wonderful for almost nothing. Such was the case when I went to an estate sale a few months ago. I purchased close to 3 dozen vintage dolls, a drum set, and an incredible cedar chest and spent just under $60!

Pictured above are a few older African American fashion dolls I purchased - aren't they lovely! I'm not sure, but I think the second doll on the left may be gymnast Barbie, but it really didn't matter - her hair was a frizzy mess, but she had jointed elbows and knees - woo-hoo! She would certainly be the subject of my next Franken-dolly project.




Here she is with another Franken-dolly ( So In Style Trichelle with a fashionista body). Her head is an Asha face - before the heads got big, and she has been redressed in a Barbie ourfit and Bfc "Converse" Chucks. She tells me that she can't walk in heels, so she will never be a model. However, this girl has some stories to tell..........

No comments: