Saturday, August 28, 2010

Moxie Teenz Arizona and Bijou

I purchased Arizona (doll on left) along with Tristen (not shown) about 2 months ago, but Bijou was pretty elusive and did not make an appearance here until a few weeks ago. A number of people on various message boards made comments that MGA has a habit of being stingy with the African American versions of their dolls. The general consensus being that Bijou was the African American doll among them.

To be honest, I almost overlooked Bijou on TRU's shelves. I had made a habit of flipping through all of the Moxie Teenz dolls over the previous weeks in hopes of finding her. On all previous trips, only Tristen, Melrose, and Arizona were in attendance. Even after encountering the brown hand seen through the side of the packaging, I assumed that this search would prove as fruitless as all the others. It wasn't until something in my head clicked that Arizona was not wearing fur or pink sleeves that I actually took a closer look!

Indeed it was Bijou, but I quickly wondered what all the hoopla was about. Except for different eye colors and outfits, I could scarcely tell them apart! I would guess that Bijou might be a shade darker, but not much and her hair is actually straighter than Arizona's!

Whatever....they are both beautiful dolls, whatever their ethnicity and I like them both.

1 comment:

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

There is a slight difference in Arizona and Bijou's complexion, but to one who hones in on the darkest berries on the bush, I can tell the difference. Actually Bijou's complexion is her best attribute in my opinion. When compared to her online images, she is pleasantly more tan than I had imagined.

dbg